Emphasis on working deep into counts and reaching base? Was Greg Walker let go and I missed it?
- Jim reminds us: why was Andy Gonzalez DFA'ed now and not before Fernando Hernandez was left unprotected?
- ZiPS projections: Rowand: .277/.340/.427, Tejada: .303/.359/.461 (luke scott: .252/.340/.471), Iguchi: .259/.339/.369. BTW, BP on the Tejada deal: Tejada to Houston, Junk to Baltimore.
- Latest signings: Blue Jays sign David Eckstein to a 1/4.5 deal. Twinkies sign Adam Everett to a 1/2.8 deal. Rays sign Cliff Floyd to a 1/3 (5 with incentives) deal. Rangers sign Kazuo Fukomori to a 2/3 deal. Nationals sign Rob Mackowiak and Willie Harris to 1/1.5 and 1/0.8 deals. BTB's take on the above signings.
- Dave van Dyck gives a brief summary of the Mitchell Report.
- FireKennyWilliams.com has been registered. By Major League Baseball. FireGregWalker.com is available though.
- Anatomy of a player: League Average Pitcher. Preface by Tango.