Kenny says not so fast Ozzie:
"Andruw Jones is not on our list," said Williams, adding that he liked Jones but wanted players who can help lower the team's strikeout total, raise their on-base percentage and work deep counts.
- Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times says "Kosuke Fukodome is almost certainly going to sign with the Chicago Cubs." Padres made 3/24 offer?
- The 3rd base market got a new entry and I'm not talking about Brandon Inge: Tadahito Iguchi. Speaking of Tadahito, Van Dyck says he's looking for a 3-year deal.
- Teams interested in Chris Burke: White Sox, Rockies, A's, and Angels. Maybe not the Sox. The Rockies offered SS Clint Barmes.
- More Hot Stove: Cleveland to trade for Jason Bay? No. Mets are looking into Bartolo Colon. Nationals wanted Chad Qualls and Luke Scott for Chad Cordero. Luke Scott may end up in San Diego. Robothal says no agreement.
- Did you know that "a clause in the CBA allows teams to release players prior to March 15th and only be liable for 16% of the salary they were given in arbitration"? I didn't. Thanks to USS Mariner for the pointer.
- Tango asks How much is Troy Tulowitzki worth in a trade?
- BP and BA on Quentin-Carter. BTW, here's BA Cabrera-Garland. And BP's Nate Silver and David Laurila and BTB on Cabrera to Detroit.
- That was fast. Speaking of FJM.