so says newsday's ken davidoff:
Kenny isn't discouraged though:
...When asked about Japanese star Kosuke Fukudome, Williams grinned and said: "No comment."
I just opened SSS in my browser and saw a thread with more than 200 comments. So, I used 2 quick quotes that probably have already been covered to start a new thread.
- Ozzie isn't worried about Toby's shoulder but Toby's weight, says Jose doesn't want to be embarrassed, and has a sure-fire plan for 2008: Things can't get worse. BTW, Ozzie thinks the Tigers got better after acquiring Miggy.
- Jim looks at the Cabrera & Willis to Detroit trade. Kevin Goldstein looks at the 6 players the Marlins got. Nate Silver looks at how the Cabrera trade impacts the AL Central.
- BTB on the Quentin-Carter trade.
- Phil Rogers ranks the Sox last in the AL Central.
- FJM on yesterday's Sox reverse. And some David Eckstein.
- The Brewers signed David Riske to a 3/13 deal (20 with incentives). And they were close to getting Joe Crede last night.
- More Hot Stove: The Rockies are interested in Iguchi and Julian Tavares. The Phillies are "more unlikely than likely" to sign Iguchi. The Brewers are also interested in Iguchi. -- No Scott Rolen to the Brewers? Maybe to the Angels that say they're not desperate for a 3rd baseman? -- The Dodgers asked about Bill Hall. -- Fukudome bidding to reach $40 million? Similar to Torii's deal? Boston is interested too? BTW, BP says "Fukudome is a solid OF who can play all 3 positions, is a plus defender even if his arm is affected by the elbow surgery, and is somewhere between Ichiro Suzuki and Hideki Matsui on the hitting side of things." -- Astros want C Nick Hundley from the Padres for Luke Scott. -- Rangers discussed Corey Patterson with Boras. Speaking of Boras, he wants a J.D.Drew-like deal for Andruw Jones from the Dodgers, who want to sign either Andruw Jones or Aaron Rowand.