I said I was going to be really interested in the results, my reasoning being I was sure that Fields would produce the widest range of opinions (including some wildly optimistic ones). I was right. There were 25 responses to the Josh Fields projection, of which I decided to throw out 3 on the grounds of historically unreasonable optimistic predictions.
- One predicted Fields to hit 50 points above his minor league average
- One that predicted Fields to post an OBP of .520, a feat that's been accomplished 7 times since 1901 by some guys named Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, and Barry Bonds.
- And finally one that predicted a .725 SLG, which has only been done 21 times since 1901, and never by a thirdbaseman.
To add utility and info, I added Median in addition to our simple average. And just for Shaftr, standard deviation.
- Jim on Ozzie's ramblings.
- David Pinto summarizes the team runs per game using Marcel's projections
- Tango looks at how many runs is a good fielding SS worth.
- Joe Sheehan looks at the run values of each pitcher’s pitch (hat-tip Tango).
- Chris O'Leary looks at Mark Prior's pitching mechanics (hat-tip Studes).