Phil Rogers has a few observations:
Many believe Vazquez had a career year in 2007. I believe that he only started to fulfill his potential, largely because he stayed with the same organization two years in a row for the first time since leaving Montreal and there's no reason he shouldn't be at least as good this season.
A couple of other quick observations from that throwing session: Jack Egbert, a prospect who has climbed the ladder through the organization, throws a hard sinker with a little hitch in his delivery, which makes him tough to hit. The 6-foot-8 Adam Russell looks even more like a monster than he did last spring. And the White Sox are going to be in trouble if Toby Hall's shoulder doesn't bounce back; the cast of catchers behind A.J. Pierzynski and Hall is alarmingly thin.
- Carl's latest 'Smells Like Mascot' comic strips: In Which the Monkey has a Vision of Spring and Palehose 8.
- You got punked! Kobayashi eats hot dogs!
- BTB asks if Fred McGriff is a HOFer. Well, the instructional videos alone are worth it.
- PECOTA gives the Sox one more win.
- THT: Another look at clutch hitting.
- mgl revisits his speed-defense article.
- Mike Fast: Breakdown of balls in play by count.