Truncated edition due to travel.
- Jordan Danks was promoted to Birmingham. He continues to leadoff with the Barons and displaced John Shelby from centerfield. Danks had no trouble with the initial adjustment to AA pitching, putting up a line of .412/.444./.529 in four games.
- As covered last week, Gordon Beckham suffered an abdominal injury. He was placed on the 7-day DL and thus missed all of this week. He's expected to return to game action this weekend.
- Charlie Leesman had a perfect game bid broken up on Friday night. The Kannapolis hurler, who was drafted in the 11th round last year, took the perfect game into the 7th before it was broken up with two outs. The lefty finished with 7.2 IP, 1 hit, 0 BB, and 9 K. He has good velocity on his fastball for a lefty.
- Brandon Allen: .290/.356/.481
- C.J. Retherford garnered Southern League Player of the Week honors and continues to make the strange bedfellows of larry and Hawk Harrelson look good with their White Sox minor league sleeper pick. .333/.362/.606(!).
- Daniel Hudson made his (complete) High A debut, after last week's rain-shortened affair. He went five innings, giving up two hits and three walks while striking out six.
- Jose Contreras made his first start after his demotion to Charlotte. His control was still lacking - only 57 of his 108 pitches were for strikes. Six innings, three hits, five walks, one HBP, and five strikeouts.
- Carlos Torres rebounded from a poor outing in rough conditions last Saturday (coverage of game and Torres from Sox Machine) to get back on track Friday night with a gem: 6 IP, 2 hits, 2 BB, 10 K.
As always, check the Minor League Update Fanpost on the right sidebar for daily updates and commentary. Additionally, I twitter White Sox minor league news so, if you're interested in that or my other random baseball thoughts, follow me: http://twitter.com/SouthSidelarry.