In this day and age cable is a nessessity when one proclaims his or her (HSA) self to be a baseball fan. We as baseball fans have come to expect full coverage of our teams games. This in my opinion is due to the always raising price cable/Dish/Direct TV or what have you. The point is though, the WhiteSox are well covered for about 85% of the season by both CSN and WGN, both broadcasting in HDTV. However, a certain WCIU has rights to more than its fair share of games in a season. My top 5 reasons why WCIU needs to be terminated:
- No HD broadcast, in the year 2010.
- Exclusive to Chicago and a few near-by areas. (Which does no include Rockford.)
- Frequent blackouts (or so I've heard, because I dont actually get this forsaken channel)
- Bitching by myself and other Rockfordians about the lack of coverage
- Many failed attempts at finding a low-grade illegal internet stream of the game, only to find it is in a WCIU blackout anyway. Then resorting to ask the SSS society for it's help only to recieve anal responses such as: "Link: google.com" or "Oh, I know the perfect site for you, its www.f*ckoff".
If you look at this situation honestly WCIU isn't good for anyone. It's about time to formulate a plan of action. We as a society of faithful SouthSide followers need to act. Not just for our own sake, but for the sake of Chicago White Sox fans all over this great country. Thankyou for your time, and long live the Hawk.
SouthSideSox is a community driven site. As such, users are able to express their thoughts and opinions in a FanPost, such as this one, which represents the views of this particular fan, but not necessarily the entire community or SouthSideSox editors.