TOURNAMENT HAS BEEN CREATED for Wednesday August 14 at 9:00 PM CT -- Log into the Poker Club to sign up for the tournament! We'll run a second tournament like we did last time if there is interest as the first one is winding down. If you have not signed up yet for the Poker Club, there's still time to join and participate in this (and future) tournament(s)! Just follow the instructions below. Good luck! Remember -- no risk -- it's just for fun!
In the Taking a Risk thread, some interest was drummed up for setting up a South Side Sox poker tournament. I went ahead and set us up a Poker Club to have our own private tournaments on PokerStars.net. 13 of us have signed up already and we'd love to have more. What you need to know:
- These tournaments are just for fun -- no money involved (at least for the time being). The Poker Club does keep standings and results, so bragging rights are most certainly at stake. There's also been some talk of people putting up minor prizes for winning.
- It's completely free and really quite easy to sign up for the Poker Club and I'd recommend that anyone at least somewhat interested in playing in one of these takes this first step, as this will put you on the invite list for future games. There's no commitment to play in any specific tournament for just joining the Poker Club -- it's just a means to get you included on future invites. For those that missed the instructions:
- 1) If you don't already have it, download the free PokerStars software from http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/download/
- 2) Open the main poker lobby, then click on the Home Games tab
- 3) Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button
- 4) Enter my Club ID number: 782271
- 5) Enter my Invitation Code: wschamps05