This week's P.O. Sox features 8 questions from the fans.
Here is the rundown for this week's South Side Sox Podcast:
- Jim Margalus gives his take on Ronald Belisario remaining as the closer. Plus his thoughts on New York Yankees fans and which gift Derek Jeter received he liked the most.
- Adam Hazlett (hazymania) gives his reaction to Chris Sale returning and the odds he can get back in contention for the AL Cy Young.
- Our Minor League Report is two-fold: larry gives us a deep dive of the Winston-Salem Dash and how Tyler Danish has been progressing since his promotion. How Francellis "Frank" Montas may help with the lack of starting pitching depth in the system, and check in on Courtney Hawkins as well as Tim Anderson.
- Second part of the Minor League Report features Seth Lakso, who covers the Charlotte Knights for the Charlotte Observer. Seth gives us his first hand point of view concerning Felipe Paulino, Erik Johnson, Micah Johnson's injury, how the log jam of middle infielders is playing out, and concerns with Matt Davidson.
- Preview this week's series against the Cleveland Indians.
- P.O. Sox, in which Jim answers questions from the fans covering all aspects of the White Sox.
To listen, simply click on the play button below:
Quick story: Got to accomplish one of my lifetime dreams of being on the field during game day. I've had the pleasure of taking the tour and walking around the warning track during last season's Sox Bash for season ticket holders, but never actually got to step on the field.
With Saturday's game being the Chris Sale bobble head day, my girlfriend Kim and I got through the gates around 12 p.m. As we were taking a walk around the stadium we were approached by one of the Sox cheer girls. She asked if we would be interested in competing for the Stub Hub "Best Seats in the House". Knowing full well that it required to play bags (or for some of you farm folk, "Cornhole") and that I am terrible at bags I still agreed instantly because I knew it would take us to the field.
Thanks to me, we lost 6-3, and the cute couple who made the trip from Indianapolis got the seats. Not a big loss, while the Sox recliners are pretty nice, not a fan of the viewing angle. Besides, not even Ronald Belisario could ruin the day for me as I got to check off another life experience from the bucket list.
Back to the podcast, I want to thank everyone who listens. The past two weeks we have eclipsed the 1,000 listens in a week benchmark. Our audience is growing (Fun Facts: San Jose, CA in the US is the second largest metro area with listeners. Australia is second outside of the US) and would love to have your feedback on how to make the show more enjoyable.
For those that are new, here are other options you can listen to the podcast:
On the go? You can take the podcast with you! If you have an iTunes account and haven't already subscribed to the South Side Sox podcast (what are you waiting for?!?), you can do so by searching "South Side Sox" in the iTunes store. There you will have access to new content and our archived episodes. Also, if you are listening to the podcast through the iTunes, we would greatly appreciate it if you took a moment to give us a review. Love to hear your feedback of the show.
Not an iTunes user? Feel free to use our SoundCloud page at soundcloud.com/southsidesox or you can download the SoundCloud app in the Google Play store. If you need to download the MP3 straight to your computer, this is the option for you.
Thanks again for listening!