We haven't even reached the winter meetings, (scheduled to begin Monday) and the defending World Series Champion White Sox have already addressed their two biggest off-season concerns by trading for Jim Thome and resigning Paul Konerko. The rest of the division, well, has been waiting.
The Twins biggest acquisition is a jersey. The Tigers lost out on Farnsworth and B.J. Ryan, but seem to be handing out minor league deals like candy on Halloween. The Indians lost their set-up man and I've heard little news on the Kevin Millwood front. The Royals still think they have a shot at Rafael Furcal.
Aaron Gleeman is uneasy that the Sox already appear to have a better team than the one that won the World Series just over a month ago.
The Sox now have 26 players under their control who have a reasonable shot at making the roster.
- What is El Duque's role on the team?
- Which pitcher is in a uniform other than the Sox come April?
- Do the Sox let Timo Perez walk?
- Why not let Joe Borchard strikeout in Timo's spot?
- Why do I keep hearing noise about a #2 hitter?
- Where would Bill Mueller (rumored to be being courted by the Sox) fit?
- Why does the name Juan Pierre keep coming up?