- [Baseball Prospectus: Year in Quotes]
"I don't think they have the team to go to the World Series now."
--Magglio Ordonez, on his old team, the White Sox (Chicago Sun-Times)"Most of these guys have never been in this situation, but I have. And I have to lead them. You might want to go to your room, call your mom and cry. But when you come to the ballpark and put on the uniform, you have to be a man. I have 30 men to lead."
--White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, a few days before his team clinched the AL Central (Chicago Sun-Times)"That's manly. Journey is manly. Why is Journey not manly? I heard Joe Theismann say on the radio that Journey was his favorite group, and Theismann was pretty manly, wasn't he?"
--White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski, when asked why they didn't choose a song that's manlier than "Don't Stop Beliving" by Journey (MLB.com)
- MLB.com takes a look back at the Sox 2005 season.
- Daily Southtown columnists look back at '05 -- [Ladewski] [Cowley] [Whalen] [Vorva]
- Sox title is named AP story of the year.
- Phil Rogers 2005 retrospective.
- Ron Rapoport 2005 retrospective.