The annual GM Meetings start later today in Dallas, Texas. Thanks to my unscrupulous contacts, I was able to obtain Kenny Williams actual To Do List for the event.
From the desk of Kenny Williams:The Tribune also had a shopping list for the Sox off season, though I don't know if theirs is as realistic as mine. After all, do we really need a third lefty reliever? You'd have a hard time convincing me we need more than one.
- Listen to all trade offers.
- Accept only trade offers that heavily favor the White Sox.
- Ask Brian Cashman when was the last time he won a World Series.
- Sit next to Brian Sabean while muttering something about having too much good pitching. Offer him El Duque. For something, anything, young.
- Put a cardboard cut out of Peter Gammons in the seat labeled "Boston GM."
- Ride the Titan at Six Flags over Texas.
- Pick up one of those huge "Don't mess with Texas" belt buckles.
- Give Mark Cuban a call. Isn't there a baseball team in serious need of an owner?