I'm going to keep printing these stats until they go away.
- The White Sox have scored in 3 of their last 53 innings.
- They have scored in only 1 of their last 53 innings without the aid of the HR.
- It's the 24rd of August, and the Sox are batting just .228 as a team in the month. This is not a slump.
- As a team, the Sox are 3 for their last 36 with RISP.
- According to Hawk, Freddy Garcia tossed the 60th complete game 1-hitter in White Sox history. It was the first loss in such a game.
- The last three games have begun with runner on second, nobody out situations. Tadahito Iguchi has struck out all three times. That says it all right there.
Update [2005-8-24 2:49:39 by The Cheat]: Merkin at ChiSox.com has a correction.
It's the second time in franchise history a White Sox pitcher has lost a one-hitter, with Richard Dotson dropping a 1-0 decision to Baltimore on May 18, 1983, via Dan Ford's home run.