- Erubial Durazo, who we casually batted around as an insurance policy for Frank Thomas this off-season, drew so little interest on the open market that he was forced to sign a minor league deal with the Texas Rangers. -- Earlier this week, MLB Trade Rumors suggested that the lack of interest in Durazo was due to his choice to have surgery against Oakland's advice.
- Looks like the Nationals might lose their name because of a trademark dispute.
- Rob Neyer stops by for a chat at Baseball Toaster. -- I think the text is too big over there; I'm always [Ctrl -]ing it .
- Studes takes the first step towards classifying hitters in a new way using his batted ball library.
- Looks like Harold Baines will be done with the Sox, and likely done with coaching for good, at the conclusion of this season. -- It never seemed like Harold was the coaching type.