Caught only part of today's Cactus League game between the Sox and Padres. The wind was howling to straight away center.
- Jon Garland labored through his outing, alternating between looking very good and very hittable.
- Brian Anderson had his best day of the spring at the plate, going 2-4 with a double and a walk. With each successive outing he appears to be getting more comfortable. I still expect a slow start out of him, but he's a quick study. He'll be fine in the long run.
- Matt Thornton was predictably bad. Coming in with two outs, his first pitch induced what should have been an easy out to the shortstop. But a bad hop caused Uribe to make an error, and Thornton unraveled, usuing 2 walks and a HR before finally recording an out. I saw the HR, and there's no way that it should be considered "unearned."
- Dan Fox, who is decidedly not a Sox fan, took in a couple of their spring training games last week. -- Sox vs. Cubs | Sox vs. Royals
- A couple of Padres bloggers went to the WBC finals and have pictures up. -- Ducksnorts | Gas Lamp Ball