The newness of spring has worn off. The roster is set. The banner is already up. All that's left to be done is throw out the first pitch and start playing for real.
If you're looking for me to do one of those omnipresent season previews, you've come to the wrong place. You can't go anywhere on the internet this week without tripping over a poorly written preview proclaiming '06 as the year that [insert team here] puts it all together. I'm not going to be that guy. Besides, I'm sure Studes will have his 5 questions piece up at THT in a day or two. That's the only preview I need.
- Sports Illustrated picked the White Sox to repeat as champs, but saved the cover-curse for Albert Pujols and the Cardinals.
- Boone Logan is from a small town.
- Chris Widger went to George Mason.
- Matt Thornton's talking arm is about to start a bar fight.
- Scott Podsednik won't play anymore Cactus League games. He will try to play on Friday in Atlanta, with the Sox deciding if he's ready then.
- Don't count on Dustin Hermanson pitching anytime soon. He's shooting for a return date in "a couple months."
- Leo Mazzone "Cowboyed up" and got a tattoo.