Good News: The Indians have their own Matt Thornton to deal with. His name is Danny Graves.
Bad News: They aslo signed Grady Sizemore to a bajillion year contract for what will be far below market value for years to come. That is assuming he stays healthy, of course.
- Ken Rosenthal made up a new word: Ozzifying. I'm not so sure that one will be appearing in Webster's anytime soon, but you can always run over to Urban Dictionary and make up your own definition.
- Hey look, Bud Selig is going to open up an investigation into all players' past PED usage. What a novel idea. I'm shocked, SHOCKED!
- Obvious quote of the day courtesy of Bobby Jenks:
"The curve and slider are my two most important pitches, other than my fastball."Thanks Bobby, There's a wealth of information in that statement.
- Sunday's opener could feel just like the last game played at USCF, Game 2 of the World Series. The forecast is calling for a RealFeel® temperature of 33° and a chance of rain. My own forecast says there's a 0% chance of a Pods walk-off.
- Just for kicks, here's a couple of "Smallball" articles. WaPo: TBos | FoxSp: KenRo
- There was some question about Sports Illustrated's rating of the AL yesterday, but I happen to agree with them. I think they've got the top 9 teams right, though maybe not in the right order. CBSportsline's Scott Miller also agree's that the AL is far superior.
- Here are the directions on how to score some Conan O'Brien Tix when he comes to town in May.
Picks to Click
By The Cheat
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.