The updated AL All-Star ballots will be revealed sometime later today. After the last ballot update, Tadahito Iguchi is the only White Sox position player within a reasonable margin of first place. His 7 RBI performance on ESPN may help him with voters who favor NL teams. Still, he'll probably fall short, and I doubt Ozzie can get him on the roster.
Phil Rogers tries to handicap some of the White Sox chances...
My own ranking goes something like this:
- Contreras -- He will start.
- Dye -- He's a lock.
- Konerko/Thome -- I think only one will go. But one of them is sure to be there.
- Jenks -- Best reliever on 'second best' team in baseball. Papelbon and Jenks are the only relievers I'm sure will be invited.
- Iguchi -- Has a remote shot at winning fan vote. If not, I doubt he makes it.
- Crede -- Leads AL 3B in WS, second in WARP. Deserves to go.
- Buehrle -- If it was another manager picking the teams, Buehrle would be at home, but Ozzie will try to find room.
- Pierzynski -- Not much chance.
- Garcia -- No chance.