Of the remaining free agent center fielders, Mike Cameron will start the season serving a 25-game suspension for his second violation for testing positive for a stimulant. Cameron's 160 strikeouts and .328 on-base percentage don't mesh with the Sox's emphasis on working deep into counts and reaching base.
Emphasis on working deep into counts and reaching base? Was Greg Walker let go and I missed it?
- Jim reminds us: why was Andy Gonzalez DFA'ed now and not before Fernando Hernandez was left unprotected?
- ZiPS projections: Rowand: .277/.340/.427, Tejada: .303/.359/.461 (luke scott: .252/.340/.471), Iguchi: .259/.339/.369. BTW, BP on the Tejada deal: Tejada to Houston, Junk to Baltimore.
- Latest signings: Blue Jays sign David Eckstein to a 1/4.5 deal. Twinkies sign Adam Everett to a 1/2.8 deal. Rays sign Cliff Floyd to a 1/3 (5 with incentives) deal. Rangers sign Kazuo Fukomori to a 2/3 deal. Nationals sign Rob Mackowiak and Willie Harris to 1/1.5 and 1/0.8 deals. BTB's take on the above signings.
- Dave van Dyck gives a brief summary of the Mitchell Report.
- FireKennyWilliams.com has been registered. By Major League Baseball. FireGregWalker.com is available though.
- Anatomy of a player: League Average Pitcher. Preface by Tango.