Kenny's plan continues . . .
The D-backs are close to finalizing a deal that would send outfielder Carlos Quentin to the White Sox for Minor League first baseman Chris Carter, an industry source said Monday. The deal is expected to be announced Monday afternoon. Carter, who will turn 21 later this month, was ranked among the White Sox top 10 prospects by Baseball America. A 15th-round pick by Chicago in the 2005 First-Year Player Draft, he has tremendous power and a good idea of the strike zone. Last year with Kannapolis of the Class A South Atlantic League, Carter hit .291 with 25 homers and 93 RBIs. He drew 67 walks, which led to a .383 on-base percentage, and he slugged .522. With the tremendous power also comes strikeouts. Carter fanned 112 times in 467 at-bats.
The Chicago White Sox have acquired outfielder Carlos Quentin from the Arizona Diamondbacks in exchange for minor-league first baseman Chris Carter. The White Sox also have designated left-handed pitcher Heath Phillips for assignment.
MLBTR says Quentin plans to have labrum surgery to fix his [non-throwing] shoulder this winter. UPDATE: Quentin had his left-shoulder surgically repaired in October.
According to MLB Radio, the D’Backs will soon announce that they have traded OF Carlos Quentin
to the White Sox for 20–year-old 1B Chris Carter
We hope the Diamondbacks are getting a quality pitching prospect in return as well. Quentin's stock is down, especially following shoulder surgery, but he's still a fine bet to have a long career as a regular corner outfielder. Carter, who shares the same name as the first baseman the Diamondbacks traded to Boston in the three-team Wily Mo Pena deal, hit .291/.383/.522 as a 20-year-old in low-A ball last season. Dec. 3 - 1:16 pm et
SouthSideSox is a community-driven site. As such, users are able to express their thoughts and opinions in a FanPost, such as this one, which represents the views of this particular fan, but not necessarily the entire community or SouthSideSox editors.