Kenny says "the return offers were not enticing enough," on not making any trades besides Mack:
Coop on Jose:
"I'm not going to pawn it off on a personal problem," Cooper said. "Everyone has got 'em. Am I going to sit here and downplay it? No, divorce is a serious thing in anyone's life. It happens to a lot of people, though. Some people handle things better than others. I do know that Jose is an emotional guy. There has to be something there that affects his game, but this might be his sanctum, the place he can come and get away from it. That's not the reason he's pitching bad, and he would say the same thing. ... The missing links right now from when he was really good in that championship run. No. 1 is velocity, second is command and third is confidence. Yeah, that's a lot."
In other news,
- Dye and the Sox are discussing an extension. Cowley's "sources" say money isn't the sticking pooint; it's years. Dye wants three while the Sox want one, maybe two.
- Ozzie says he will discuss pulling Contreras from the starting rotation with Kenny and Coop.
- AA pitcher Kris Honel announced his retirement from baseball.
- The Bard's room looks on why Kenny should've traded Garland.
- Jim doesn't blame Kenny for not taking Boston's bait.
And look inside for Ozzie's 2007 diagnosis.
Ozzie's 2007 diagnosis: No speed:
Greg Walker agrees: