Ozzie on why he didn't have Jerry try to steal but had Fields try to sacrifice on Tuesday's and Wednesday's game:
Hello Steve Stone? Teddy Greenstein says Stoney is a hit on the Sox booth, and there may be an opening in it soon:
If there is a radio opening, would the Sox ask Stone to fill it? The only negative for WSCR is it might lose Stone as its baseball analyst because he wouldn't be able to watch many Cubs games.
Or what about TV? Could the Sox pair Harrelson with Stone and slide Jackson to the radio booth? Both broadcast teams then would have the desired former pitcher-former batter combo. The Sox might have to sweeten Jackson's contract to get it done.
In other news,
- Pods may be on his way to the North Side.
- Kris Honel isn't leaving baseball, just the Sox.
- Jose will remain in the bullpen for now, Floyd will start Saturday, and Danks will start, instead of Jose, on Sunday. Contreras' next start is scheduled for next Friday (August 17).
- Ryan Sweeney resumed batting practice and could soon return to Charlotte's lineup. And Donny Lucy will probably be placed on the 40-man roster after this season.
- Dewon Day and Adam Russell may be headed to the Arizona Fall League to play for Phoenix under AA-Birmingham manager Rafael Santana.
- Mark Gonzales updates us on the Sox draft signings.
And here's the latest Palehose 7 strip: The Fall Concert Tour.