Compiled just before today's fleecing:
I was about to post this when word of the Oakland trade came through. As you can see, this trade guts the top levels of the White Sox system.
- Gio Gonzalez, LHP, Grade B+ (ranks second on Oakland list)
- Fautino De Los Santos, RHP, Grade B+ (ranks third on Oakland list)
- Aaron Poreda, LHP, Grade B+
- Jack Egbert, RHP, Grade B- (A major sleeper)
- Ryan Sweeney, OF, Grade C+ (I don't think his power is going to develop. Ranks 12th on Oakland list)
- Lance Broadway, RHP, Grade C+
- Nevin Griffith, RHP, Grade C+ (great ceiling, needs polish)
- John Ely, RHP, Grade C+
- Kyle McCulloch, RHP, Grade C+
- Charlie Haeger, RHP, Grade C+
- John Shelby, 2B, Grade C+
- Jimmy Gallagher, OF, Grade C+
- Jose Martinez, OF, Grade C+
- Fernando Hernandez, RHP, Grade C+
- Oneli Perez, RHP, Grade C+
- Brian Omogrosso, RHP, Grade C+
- Ehren Wasserman, RHP, Grade C (solid role pitcher)
- Christian Marrero, 1B, Grade C
- Clayton Richard, LHP, Grade C
- Leroy Hunt, RHP, Grade C
Other Grade C guys include Dewon Day, Lydon Estill, Maurice Gartrell, Archie Gilbert, Francisco Hernandez, Nathan Jones, Johnnie Lowe, Donny Lucy, Sergio Miranda, Heath Phillips, Adam Russell, Salvador Sanchez, Micah Schnurstein, and Kaneoka Texeira.
Basically the Sox took a mediocre farm system and lopped the three of the top five players off the list with one trade. There isn't much depth, and position players are especially weak.
"guts" is putting it too kindly; and don't forget chris carter...
- Cheat compiles Nick Swisher's pitch type data.
- Jim on the Swisher trade and the 2008 Sox ZiPS projections.
- Hot Stove: The Cardinals signed Matt Clement to a 1-year deal. -- Gammons says the A's think Coco Crisp is the best CF in the game right now. -- Will the Royals sign Bartolo Colon?
- Life in the Cell moved to it's own site.
- Tango: How bad a hitter can you be to justify a great glove? And a couple college baseball sites; links from Tango.