As many of you probably figured out by my lack of comments or the stagnant and sometimes superfluous gamethreads on the front page, I didn't really see much of this weekend's action. After Friday night's debacle, I didn't think I would be missing much. Turns out I was wrong.
- The starting pitching was great--alright, good enough to win--in all of the games. '
- Javier Vazquez might have found his '07 form, after using his '06 blueprints for the last couple of months.
- Matt Thornton did the right thing and let the coaching staff know when he wasn't available, then dominated upon his return.
- Juan Uribe continues to be a large contributor in Crede's absence.
- Q! is still dreamy. And I hear he likes Carl Weathers' movies too. Just like you!
The weekend could have been better. It's only human nature to look back at Friday and think What Could Have Been, but the Sox won a series in Oakland. They won two in a row there for the first time since 2000. That's a nice change from recent history. And we all know, Change Is Beautiful.