- Knucklers go under the pitch f/x microscope - Charlie Haeger is among those examined
- Replay on HR in MLB starts Thursday - h/t larry (i don't actually know how to put fanposts on the front page)
- AL East has 5 of top 10 teams in baseball? - looks plausible, at least, particularly if Tango is signing off on the possibility
- Heat Zones - pitch location by count, with leverage index
- Should you always expect pitchers to decline? - Phil Birnbaum is pretty excellent and while his scope extends to all sports, the quality of work is very high (as is the comments section).
- Tango's look at pitcher aging curves - Not new, but gives more context to Birnbaum's work.
- Turning the monkey into a gorilla - Brian Cartwright at Statistically Speaking takes the bare bones framework of Marcels and gives it a dose of mathematical HGH. What you're basically looking at is how to build your own PECOTA. Hint, hint rearden.
- On curveballs - Derek Carty dissects the curve using pitch f/x. How and where to throw it is discussed in good detail. I'm a little skeptical on his groupings, but they're still very illustrative.
FTR, this is what I wish Wiz would do every day.