The first day of SoxFest put the South Side Sox crew to work:
- Larry gives us Hahn's thoughts on Tyler Flowers, and the SoxFest's crowds thoughts about Hahn's thoughts about choosing Flowers over A.J. Pierzynski.
- Larry also talked to Flowers about inside pitching, for and against.
- Matt Lindstrom was introduced at SoxFest, and I reviewed the terms of his now-official signing.
- Here's the SoxFest Storystream to keep track of all of it.
- Follow SoxFest tweets from Ken, 67WMAQ and other prominent folks throughout the weekend.
Elsewhere from around SoxFest:
- Chris Sale said he added 15 pounds with help from Pilates, a personal trainer, "Taco Bell and Five Guys." If he did, it's hard to see it.
- Paul Konerko is uncertain about his future after 2013, giving his usually thorough, pragmatic answers. He said his wrist is fine, and the surgery was a lot easier on him than he anticipated.
- John Danks said the Sox are keeping him on a conservative recovery route, and he'll begin throwing breaking balls next week.
- The United Scout Seats are now the Magellan Scout Seats, which means you can circumnavigate the pre-game buffet and open bar and die while doing it.
Tweet recap (featuring Ken on Ken crime):
Storify changed the way it load tweets. They're in chronological order, but it loads the first 25, and gives you a "read more" option to continue loading them. This way, it doesn't keep bumping you down if you want to get to the comments.