Starting the week with double order of doubleheaders...
Durham 8, Charlotte 5 (Game 1, 7 innings)
- Marcus Semien went 1-for-3 with a sac fly.
- Leury Garcia, 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Brent Morel went 2-for-4.
- Andy Wilkins' HBP was the best thing to happen to him Sunday. Three strikeouts otherwise.
- Simon Castro: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K
Durham 5, Charlotte 1 (Game 2, 7 innings)
- Marcus Semien went 1-for-3 with a double.
- Leury Garcia went 2-for-3 with a strikeout.
- Brent Morel, 1-for-3 with a strikeout.
- Andy Wilkins went 0-for-3 with two strikeouts.
- Daniel Webb: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
- Trayce Thompson went 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Brandon Jacobs went 2-for-4 with a strikeout; he entered the game in a 2-for-31 slump (18 strikeouts).
- Mike Blanke went 1-for-3 with a double and a strikeout.
- Keenyn Walker, 0-for-3 with a walk.
- Jared Mitchell went 1-for-3 with a double, walk and a strikeout. He was picked off.
- Courtney Hawkins went 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Micah Johnson, 0-for-5 with a strikeout.
- Joey DeMichele went 2-for-4 with a solo homer, his sixth.
- Braulio Ortiz had control problems: 4 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 6 BB, 3 K, 2 HR, 1 WP
Kannapolis 3, Greensboro 2 (Completion of suspended Aug. 17 game)
- Tim Anderson went 0-for-4 with three strikeouts.
- Jacob May went 1-for-5 with a strikeout and two stolen bases.
- Keon Barnum had a successful return: 2-for-4 with a double.
- Jason Coats went 1-for-3 with a double, a walk and a strikeout.
- Cleuluis Rondon went 0-for-3; Nick Basto replaced him and went 0-for-1.
- Kyle Hansen: 5.2 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Brad Goldberg: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K
- Andre Wheeler: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K, 1 HR
Kannapolis 2, Greensboro 0 (Game 2, 9 innings)
- Jacob May went 1-for-4 with a triple, a sac bunt and two strikeouts.
- Tim Anderson had a rough doubleheader: 0-for-5.
- Jason Coats went 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Keon Barnum went 2-for-4 again.
- Nick Basto went 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Cleuluis Rondon went 1-for-2 with a walk and an HBP.
Johnson City 9, Bristol 2 (6 innings)
- Trey Michalczewski went 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
- Sammy Ayala and Carl Thomore went both 0-for-2.
- Yelmison Peralta: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
Great Falls 13, Idaho Falls 12
- Adam Engel went 2-for-4 with a double, triple, sac bunt and sac fly.
- Tyler Shryock, 2-for-6.
- Danny Hayes went 3-for-6 with two strikeouts.
- Andrew Mitchell: 5 IP, 5 H< 2 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Jose Bautista: 2 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Eric Jaffe: 1 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 0 K, 1 HR, 1 WP
- Mizzou's James Hudelson: 1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Johan Cruz went 0-for-5 with a walk and two strikeouts.
- Antonio Rodriguez singled four times and struck out once.
- Hanleth Otano went 1-for-4 with a walk and a strikeout. He also stole a base.
- Roger Ramos went 2-for-3 with two walks and two steals in his first game since Aug. 9.