This week's podcast is sponsored by Connie's Pizza. After a successful week against the Anaheim Angels and Chicago Cubs at home, some of the player performances answered lingering questions. And, some raised new questions. Here is this week's rundown:
- Jim explains why Emilio Bonifacio was let go and how the White Sox could be doing him a favor.
- The Condor was awesome. So was Carlos Rodon. What adjustments did they make to bounce back and what adjustments does Jeff Samardzija need to make after three straight horrible starts.
- What was the thinking of Robin Ventura/Jose Quintana requesting the intentionally walking Dexter Fowler to face Kyle Schwarber in Saturday's loss to the Cubs?
- Speaking of Saturday, the crowd got a bit rowdy as a fan threw a tallboy at Schwarber and several fans were ejected for their rowdy behavior. What is the deal when White Sox and Cubs fans get together?
- Finally, we answer your questions in P.O. Sox. Here are the gems we tackled:
@SouthSideSox is there any plausible scenario in which Adam LaRoche isn't on this team in 2016?— Riles (@Riles23) August 16, 2015
@SouthSideSox With Saladino currently 5th in DRS for 3B, do you foresee the front office keeping him there next season or sliding him to 2B?— Ryan D (@Dunt1) August 17, 2015
To listen, simply click play below:
For the South Side Sox community, if you are looking for cheap White Sox tickets, download Gametime on your smartphone and use promo code SOUTHSIDESOX to get $10 bucks off your first purchase.