Episode 68 is brought to you by Connie's Pizza. With Chicago entering this week on a four game winning streak the hope of reaching .500 is still an orange pie in the sky. Focusing on building a core (Carlos Sanchez and Tyler Saladino continue getting starts) and giving young players an opportunity to prove themselves (Can Trayce Thompson get starts vs. RHP, please?) should be the focus moving forward. We discuss this train of thought and more in the show's rundown:
- Erik Johnson's first start was a success. Will the White Sox carry a six man rotation from here on out?
- Adam Eaton is on fire even with a bum shoulder. To help protect his left arm, should he get more stints as the DH? If so, how does the rest of the roster fill out and what happens when Micah Johnson joins the team?
- The confusing addition of Mike Olt. Is this a Hail Mary of finding a solution at third base? Is this the end of Matt Davidson being the future third baseman for Chicago?
- Jim is not that big of a fan of Star Wars Day, but he loves Halfway to St. Patrick's Day (its the green uniforms).
- With the drama surrounding New York Mets star, Matt Harvey, should the White Sox take notes on the situation to help prepare handling Carlos Rodon?
- Finally, your questions in this week's P.O. Sox:
@SouthSideSox can I be the obligatory "what does this series mean for Ventura’s job" question? #POSox— Kirk Kasicki (@heykirkk) September 6, 2015
@SouthSideSox 2016 SS and 3b? Does it make sense to go with the best defenders there w so many LH starters? Catch the F'ing ball.— jimduck (@jimduck) September 7, 2015
@SouthSideSox can the ChiSox copy the BoSox and toss Hawk? And then pick up Don Orsillo?— Brad (@BradleyDer) September 6, 2015
To listen, simply click play below:
For those that have begun to listen, here is how you can subscribe to the show:
SoundCloud: You can stream or download from our SoundCloud page, or subscribe to it using the SoundCloud app from the Google Play store.
Check out our podcast page on Stitcher and we are available on Pocket Casts.
For the fans who haven't purchased "The Condor" shirt, you can do so by clicking on the following links: