This show is our last regularly scheduled podcast for the 2016 season. Yes, in the case that Jose Quintana is traded, we will have an emergency podcast to cover that deal which will be streamed live at mixlr.com/southsidesox.
Here is this week’s rundown for episode 119:
- Looking back at how 2016 went for the Chicago White Sox, what would you tell your past self about what to expect from this year at SoxFest on February 1st, 2016?
- Jim shares his thoughts on the Adam Eaton trade and why the White Sox didn’t necessarily fleece the Washington Nationals.
- Our first guest, Dan Szymborski from ESPN.com, joins to share his excitement for the Sox to start rebuilding finally. Also, what are the Colorado Rockies doing with Ian Desmond?
- Our second guest, Jim Callis from MLB.com, called from the Winter Meetings in a bit of disbelief that the Red Sox gave up both Yoan Moncada and Michael Kopech for Chris Sale. Plus, why whatever package the Sox get for Jose Quintana it will not come close to equalling the Sale return.
- Finally, we answer your questions in P.O. Sox.
@SouthSideSox Assuming Q is traded too, are there any 1 yr rental starters u would like to see the Sox sign,to possibly flip in July? #POSOX— Rob H (@RobHewie) December 11, 2016
@SouthSideSox should the Sox trade for another catcher?— Chris Urbanski (@dawgsfan82) December 11, 2016
To listen, click play below:
Like we have done the previous two seasons, below is our podcast survey. Please take a moment to let us know your thoughts about the show and feel free to suggest new segments or ideas for next season.
There are a lot of people to thank for making this show. Rob Hart, Pnoles, larry, Hazy, KenWo, Steve, Lil Jimmy, and the brave souls who tweet, facebook, or text us questions every week. Couldn’t do this without the help and interaction. Thank you to everyone who listens and already looking forward to episode 120 on January 30th, 2017.