On the podcast this week we take a deep dive look at the top Chicago White Sox prospects and the recent trade rumors surrounding the Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers.
Here is the rundown:
- [1:06] Eric Stephen of True Blue LA gives the Los Angeles perspective to the recent rumors. He tackles the notion of would the Dodgers be willing to eat half of Andre Ethier's salary or exchange Yaisel Puig for a handful of prospects?
- [6:40] Jim addresses why the Sox might be more willing to go the trade route than signing a free agent and ponders the real possibility of someone like Dexter Fowler signing a one year deal.
- [14:12] Jim Callis of MLB.com gushes over Carson Fulmer and still thinks highly of Tim Anderson to merit them both of Top 50 prospects in baseball today. I also ask him to put himself in Rick Hahn's shoes, and see if he would keep the 28th pick, or give it up to sign Fowler?
- [33:42] Larry's Top 10 White Sox prospect list is coming out soon, but he shares his thoughts concerning the other lists that have been made public. He examines the health of the current farm system and provides a prospect that is not often discussed, but should be on all of our radar's.
- [47:18] Finally, we get to your questions in P.O. Sox. Here are a couple that made it on the show, including one about the possibility of a sign-and-trade with Miami:
@SouthSideSox ceiling for Erik Johnson?— Andrew Cozzie (@coatsayaka) February 8, 2016
@SouthSideSox Do you think a team owes anything to its fans? I.e. Should a team have goals to make the playoffs once every X years? #POSox— Mike Musary (@Muzzkill7) February 7, 2016
To listen, simply click play below:
For those that have begun to listen, here is how you can subscribe to the show:
Check out our podcast page on Stitcher and we are available on Pocket Casts.
For the fans who haven't purchased "The Condor" shirt, you can do so by clicking on the following links: