If you're wary of watching the White Sox in the middle of a five-game losing streak, Major League Baseball has provided a pleasant diversion in the form of the MLB draft, which starts tonight on MLB Network and MLB.com at 5 p.m. CT. The draft itself starts an hour later, with the first 77 picks broadcast live.
The White Sox have three picks over the first two rounds, the middle one coming via compensation for Jeff Samardzija signing with the Giants (slot value in parentheses):
- No. 10 ($3,380,600)
- No. 26 ($2,128,500)
- No. 49 ($1,284,500)
The combined slot value for these picks accounts for 72 percent of the White Sox' draft bonus pool, which is $9,416,600.
If you don't pay attention to the draft until it happens, allow us to help you get up to speed.
White Sox mock draft history
- Fourth roundup: Blake Rutherford, then Dakota Hudson, Zach Collins and Justin Dunn
- Third roundup: Corey Ray, Collins
- Second roundup: Hudson, Rutherford
- First roundup: Ian Anderson, Rutherford
South Side Sox draft profiles
- Corey Ray, OF, Louisville
- Gavin Lux, SS, Indian Trail Academy, Wisc.
- Blake Rutherford, CF, Chaminade Prep (H.S.), Calif.
- Zach Collins, C, Miami
- Braxton Garrett, LHP, Florence (H.S.), Ala.
- Nine more names
- MLB.com draft tracker
- Draft order and slot values
- MLB.com's Top 200
- Minor League Ball's Draft Profile Index
- Minor League Ball: Top prospects by position
- Baseball America's Top 100
- Keith Law's Top 100
South Side Sox LIVE!
Show begin streaming at 5:45 pm CT with Josh and Lil Jimmy: