- Jose Abreu, $17.9M Tender
- Avisail Garcia, $6.7M Tender
- Yolmer Sanchez, $2.1M Tender
- Carlos Rodon, $2.0M Tender
- Danny Farquhar, $1.5M Non Tender
- Zach Putnam, $1.4M Non Tender
- Leury Garcia, $1.2M Tender
- Jake Petricka, $1.1M Non Tender
- Al Alburquerque, $1.1M Non Tender
Explain the toughest calls if necessary:
An agreement with Putnam and Petricka, maybe Minor League should be reached to rehab and if possible return some time next season. I don't see counting on them for opening day.
Impending free agents (re-sign, let go or qualifying offer)
- Geovany Soto: Made $2 million in 2017
- Mike Pelfrey: Made $8 million in 2017
- We bid these two gentlemen a fond adieu. "Best of luck in your future endeavors"
- So, with these changes, an decisions, we cut just over 15 million.
I have one trade only.
I trade Dylan Cease, Dane Dunning, and Adam Engel to The Phillies for Scott Kingery. Scott is a Second Baseman, but He will be our opening day Third Baseman. In the real world, you hold him off for six or seven weeks for arbitration issues, but I want him on the team opening day. Philly has a second baseman and Scott is ready. He turns 24 in April. The return is more than fair.
Scouting grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 50 | Run: 60 | Arm: 50 | Field: 55 | Overall: 55
"Kingery has become a more complete player, and perhaps one better than even the Phillies expected." Says MLB.
(Carlos Rodon D/L)
So, no Saladino or Davidson. Davidson might be lost but ...Que Sera Sera.
This team has four Switch hitters. The outfield, two leftys, two rightys, and one switch hitter. There is speed and youth all over this team. The payroll is somewhere between 60 and 70 million. There is an ability to trim 20 million off of it at seasons end. There is also room for Kopech, and Jimenez when they are ready. Kingery could be a star in the making at the one position of need.
Do I like this team ?
..... Why Yes, Yes I do.