With the signing of Welington Castillo last week, Castillo will become the 190th player in White Sox history to catch at least one game (assuming he does, indeed, start a game next season).
Today’s Sporcle? Name the 25 players who have caught the most games for the Sox throughout their storied history. Some, I suspect, everybody will get right away; others, probably not. Good luck!
- Last names accepted, as well as first and last; for a couple of the tricky spellings, the first name alone will suffice.
- You’ll have 10 minutes to attempt completion.
- For hints, I’ve provided the length of tenure and the number of games.
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confound, and/or sadden your friends:
- A different era, for sure: the top player on this list also stole 177 bases over their career.
- That player also had 49(!) triples.
- The average triple-slash of the players on this list: .246/.317/.349
All data from baseballreference.com