Episode 124 is now available for your listening pleasure. Here is this week’s rundown:
- We highlight the announcement of Mark Buehrle’s number retirement, which the ceremony will take place on June 24th. With the uncertainty, if the Chicago White Sox will provide the same honor to Ozzie Guillen, we ponder how long fans may have to wait for another Sox player to have their number retired.
- The Sox split the weekend games. Jim shares what he thought were mostly good performances and what could be a bit concerning moving forward this Spring Training.
- Our guest this week calling from Glendale, Arizona is Connor McKnight, host of the Chicago White Sox radio pre and post game shows. Connor shares what he has learned from camp including what the gameplan is playing the prospects in games, and how he handled the toughest gig in White Sox media.
- Next, I’m joined by Patrick Nolan and Michael Kenny as we complete our 2017 position previews with the outfielders. Will 2017 be the final season that Melky Cabrera is an everyday starter? Can the White Sox count on Charlie Tilson to start the majority of the games in centerfield? And, is the season that Avisail Garcia finally puts it all together?
Of course, we answer your questions in P.O. Sox. Here are the one’s that made the show:
@SouthSideSox Is 2017 best case scenario bottoming out & getting #1 pick OR surprisingly competitive team boosted by productive call ups?— Greg Nix (@greggynix) February 26, 2017
To listen simply click play below:
A couple of marketing items:
- Thank you to all those who signed up to be a “Friend of the Podcast.” We are already up to 67 and if you’re interested in getting more content from the show, join here for just $2 a month.
- Lyft is partnering with the show this year. Using promo code SOUTHSIDESOX will earn you $15 in credits and it also helps support the show. Perfect for all those that are visiting Glendale in the upcoming months and want to save some cash hailing rides.
For more information about the show, visit our FAQ page.