Episode 126 is now available for streaming or download. Here is this week’s rundown:
Guest: Maija Varda, Twinkie Town
- We've caught the World Baseball Classic fever as the tournament has been outstanding in the pool rounds. What makes it even better as a Chicago White Sox fan is how impressive Jose Quintana was against Team USA. We debate how much his start improved his trade stock, if at all, and how we wish MLB baseball crowds were a little more like the WBC crowds.
- Michael Kopech had a nice bounceback performance on Sunday. Will he be joining Zack Collins in starting the 2017 season at Birmingham? Plus, with Charlie Tilson in a walking boot (again), what does this mean for the 25-man Opening Day roster?
- We also continue our preview of the 2017 American League Central with the Minnesota Twins. Keepers of the first pick in this year's upcoming MLB Draft, the Twins are in a peculiar position. With a new front office, they could continue rebuilding - or - they could try to recapture some of the magic from 2015. Helping us preview is the Managing Editor of Twinkie Town, the SB Nation community site for the Minnesota Twins, it's Maija Varda.
- Finishing the show is your questions in P.O. Sox. Here are the questions that made the podcast:
@SouthSideSox Why do we keep getting Quintana trade reports that exist simply to remind everyone there is nothing new to report?— Gnome (@Gnome89) March 12, 2017
@SouthSideSox No one has really stood out as a potential 2nd left-handler out of the bullpen. Is there a lefty that's caught your eye? POSox— Dan Johnson (@johndan22) March 12, 2017
To listen, click play below:
A couple of marketing items:
- Thank you to all those who signed up to be a “Friend of the Podcast.” We are already up to 77 and if you’re interested in getting more content from the show, join here for just $2 a month.
This week’s bonus content: Who could fill in Jose Quintana’s spot in the rotation if a trade happens? White Sox beer news and which beers we would like to see served at Guaranteed Rate Field.
- Lyft is partnering with the show this year. Using promo code SOUTHSIDESOX will earn you $15 in credits and it also helps support the show. Perfect for all those that are visiting Glendale in the upcoming months and want to save some cash hailing rides.
For more information about the show, visit our FAQ page.
Current jar total for calling Yolmer Sanchez, “Carlos”: $2