With Thursday’s news of the blockbuster trade involving the Sox and Cubs, it marked the fifteenth occasion of player movement between the two clubs. What better way to mark this occasion than with a Sporcle quiz?
Your challenge for today: name the players involved in all fifteen swaps dating back to 1949.
- As usual, the quiz will accept first and last names, or last names only.
- You’ll have 10:00 minutes to complete the list.
- Your hint will be the year the transaction took place.
- Like last week, I’ve formatted the quiz a little differently. If it’s hard to take here, use the direct link below.
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confound, and/or sadden your friends:
- While there was much ado about nothing in regards to the lack of trades between the two clubs since 2006, there actually was a longer gap: no trade was made between the Sox and Cubs between 1949 and 1964. Extending that a bit further, one could also make the argument that the longest gap was from 1901 to 1949.
All names from baseballreference.com