Episode 144 is now available for your listening pleasure. Here is this week’s rundown:
- We are joined by SB Nation’s MLB Insider, Chris Cotillo. He shares how shocking it was that the Chicago Cubs traded for Jose Quintana, and what he is hearing about Todd Frazier and David Robertson’s markets.
- Jim and Josh share their thoughts about the Quintana trade. What his lasting impression as a White Sox was along with the latest about Frazier and Robertson. What’s holding up on getting a deal done with Boston for Frazier? After the Washington Nationals struck a deal with Oakland for bullpen help, how big of a blow was that to Rick Hahn’s efforts in moving Robertson?
- One of our best friends of the podcast, Jim Callis of MLB.com joins the show to analyze the White Sox return for Quintana. How Eloy Jimenez could be the White Sox biggest offensive force, the chances Dylan Cease could be a starter, and why the Jimenez/Cease combo is similar to that of Yoan Moncada and Michael Kopech.
Bonus Patreon Coverage: Jim picks who he thinks has the most star potential for the White Sox farm system and what to make of Jimenez’s defense.
- After the Minor League Report, it’s P.O. Sox. Here are this week’s questions:
With the full tank getting underway and the sox currently with the 3rd worst record, who's your top early three favorites for the draft?— Zach Holtman (@ZHoltman) July 16, 2017
#POSox Pros/cons for Gio/Lopez/Fulmer to pitch 3-4 inning starts/relief outings for Sox in Aug/Sept to gain experience v. MLB hitters?— Matt Hinckley (@EFCHistProf) July 16, 2017
He needs MLB at bats, but the Ks and the errors are troublesome. Does Anderson get sent down this season or does he learn at MLB?— Patrick Kelly (@DrChaoborus) July 16, 2017
Bonus Patreon P.O. Sox questions:
- Who is most likely to be on the 2020 roster: Adam Engel or Matt Davidson?
- Is Carlos Rodon’s lack of offseason preparation to blame for his injury?
To listen, click play below:
For those interested to become a “Friend of the Podcast,” we will have giveaways during the season to reward those who help support the show and site. If you would like to join, it’s just $2 a month and you can sign up here.