As baseball gets ready to induct its 2017 Class into the Hall of Fame, you get the opportunity to prove yourself worthy of trivia fame: who has been inducted into the Hall AND has, at some point, played for the Sox? The players on this list may not have worn a Sox cap upon their induction, but they all played for the Pale Hose at some point during their career (1901-present). On this list I’ve included those inducted by the writers or the various committees. No managers or umpires, though; just the members who were inducted as players.
- As usual, the quiz will accept last names only, or both first and last.
- You’ll have ten minutes to complete the list.
- As hints, I’ve provided the year the player was inducted, as well as their length of tenure with the Sox.
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confound, and/or sadden your friends:
- Of the players inducted by the writers, they received an average 86% of the vote.
- There are three additional inductees I didn’t include on this list, since they weren’t inducted as a player: Jocko Conlan, umpire; Al Lopez, manager; and, Tony La Russa, manager.
All names from baseballreference.com