With Nicky Delmonico’s on-base streak coming to an end at the conclusion of Thursday’s game, Steak’s streak was snapped at 13. That’s good for a share of tenth place all-time in Sox history, for players beginning their career with the Sox.
Today’s Sporcle challenge tasks you with naming all the players in Sox history who have enjoyed an on-base streak of at least ten games or more, AND did so at the beginning of their White Sox career (to make things clear, some of the names on this list already had a career...just with a different team). That amounts to an even 25 names: some you’ll likely know, and others you may not. Good luck!
- As usual, the quiz will accept first and last names, and also last names only.
- You’ll have ten minutes to complete the list.
- For hints, I’ve provided the season in which the streak took place, and the number of games in that streak.
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confound, and/or sadden your friends:
- The average triple-slash for the players on this list? A robust .329/.434/.515.
- One player on this list banged out 9 home runs over his 17 game streak. Perhaps not Stanton-esque, but still pretty good.
All data from baseballreference.com