Episode 152 is now available for your listening enjoyment. Here is this week's rundown:
- Dealing with loved ones impacted by Hurricane Irma, Jose Abreu had one of his best series since joining the White Sox. He's having a great season with an opportunity to surpass previous career highs. Is this bounce back season from 2016 good enough to merit a new contract extension?
- Tim Anderson is also on a roll since the All-Star Game. What has been the turnaround for the young Sox shortstop?
- Carson Fulmer pitched effectively wild on Sunday. Does his performance merit more starts in the remaining 20 games?
- We present the South Side Sox Minor League Awards. 253 readers and listeners participated in voting for Hitter of the Year, Pitcher of the Year, and Breakout Performance of the Year. Sharing our choices, we also announce this year's winners.
- After the Minor League Report, we answer your questions in P.O. Sox:
#POSox w/ 20 games left, how would you distribute the starts?— Erik Alcantar (@ErikDoubleA) September 10, 2017
Is Rodon a trade candidate if he's healthy and effective in 2018? Hard to imagine an extension. #POSox— Russell The K9 (@RusselltheK9) September 11, 2017
Crowds are dwindling. Do u think they can get away with a couple more years of this?— Phil Goyette (@PhilOfSports) September 8, 2017
To listen, click play below: