The White Sox’ delightful romp on Thursday afternoon saw, as you all likely know, Avisail Garcia knock in seven runs against his former team. Looking at his career splits, it would seem that he enjoys to hit Tiger pitching more than just about any other team in the Central (or the league, for that matter), sporting a .311/.360/.484 line with 10 dingers and 52 RBI.
It’s the RBIs, however, that shall be the focus of today’s Sporcle. Who else in Sox history has hit at least 7 RBI in one game? Can you name them all? Good luck!
- As usual, first and last names will be accepted, as will just the last names. Just for fun, a couple of instances will also accept nicknames.
- There are 22 instances, you have 7 minutes to fill out the list.
- As hints, I’ve provided the date of the game as well as the position and number of RBIs.
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confound, and/or sadden your friends:
- The White Sox are 20-2 when a player has at least 7 RBI.
- While the Sox’ 17-7 victory was nice, one player’s 7-RBI effort led to a 29-6 rout of the Kansas City Athletics in 1955 (also the most runs they’ve ever scored against one team). Bwoof.
- While most of the players on this list had at least four plate appearances to get their 7 RBI, one player managed to achieve that in just 3: a grand slam and a three-run homer will do that for you.
All data from baseballreference.com