As the Sox move into the final weekend of the 2017 season, it’s time to look back upon what was: who appeared in at least one game for the White Sox in 2017? In total, 51 players logged at least one plate or pitching appearance for the Sox this season. How many of them can you name? Good luck!
- As always, first and last names will be accepted as well as last names only.
- You get 10 minutes to attempt completion.
- Just one hint to help you along the way: the defensive role of the player.
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confound, and/or sadden your friends:
- With 51 players seeing action for the Sox, that makes it the highest total in a season for the franchise — ever. (They’ve hit 50 multiple times, including last season)
- Barring an unlikely surge from Detroit, the Sox will finish first in the American League in triples.
- In a stat that should surprise no one —- and doesn’t mean much anyway (this is the useless information section, after all) — the Sox will finish last in the Majors in saves.
All data from baseballreference.com