Baseball America unveiled its 2017 Minor League All-Star Team headlined by none other than ...
Which, sure. Acuna hit .325/.374/.522 with 21 homers and 42 stolen bases over 139 games spread out across High-A (28 games), Double-A (57) and Triple-A (54). That’s Minor League Player of the Year material I suppose.
The White Sox landed a few on the team, though. Eloy Jimenez represents the organization on the position-player side on the First Team, while Michael Kopech and Alec Hansen led the way on the Second Team. Just don’t look at shortstop.
While honors are being distributed, postseason baseball is flourishing the best it can for the White Sox farm system. The Kannapolis Intimidators advanced to the Sally League Championship Series, and the Great Falls Voyagers secured a spot in the Pioneer League playoffs.
Kannapolis 3, Greensboro 1
- Joel Booker went 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Blake Rutherford was 0-for-3 with a walk and a stolen base.
- Willy Garcia, 0-for-3 with a walk and two strikeouts
- Gavin Sheets went 1-for-3 with a homer and a walk.
- Jake Burger, 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Luis Gonzalez went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Blake Hickman: 5 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
Great Falls 10, Missoula 8
- Craig Dedelow went 2-for-5 with a double.
- Justin Yurchak, 2-for-3 with a double and two walks.
- Will Kincanon: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 1 HR