SoxFest is officially in the books, and the good vibes carried through all the way to the end. Fans flocked to future stars Eloy Jimenez and Michael Kopech, and had nothing but good things to say about guys like Nicky Delmonico and Yolmer Sanchez.
There was plenty of entertainment value packed into one weekend, and it’s brought us to this point, just 15 days before the start of Spring Training. It’s time to begin the countdown, but first let’s recap the third and final day of SoxFest.
Day 3 Recap
- NBC Sports Chicago’s recap sums up the big talking points among White Sox fans at the convention—basically, when will the top prospects arrive, and what is/was the Sox’s involvement in major trade talks (Manny Machado, Christian Yelich).
- Also from NBC Sports, one of the few tough questions/moments of negativity from the fans came from one questioner at the final seminar, Building the Next Generation. MLB Pipeline released its Top 100 prospects list Sunday, and while the Sox placed on it seven times, it also highlighted what a horrible move it was to trade away Fernando Tatis Jr. (The panel’s response was, as you might expect, less than satisfying.)
- KenWo also did some live-tweeting of that seminar, and he’s got some good information on his feed on matters of player development.
Guys we may see this year according to Getz: Charlie Tilson, Ryan Cordell, Connor Walsh, Ian Hamilton— KenWo (@KenWo4LiFe) January 28, 2018
- Yolmer Sanchez wears sunglasses indoors, even with babies. Still, I think he cemented himself as a fan favorite this weekend.
- Chuck Garfien and Christopher Kamka went rummaging through the rack of used White Sox jerseys to try to find the most obscure players they could. Some names they found (e.g., “WHO-OA” Brad Penny) never even made it to the field.
- And finally, my favorite totally random tweet of the day: Michael Kopech signing a shirt with “I K’d Moncada”.
For any SoxFest attendees out there, what were your takeaways or favorite moments?