The American League Central — hell, the major league baseball — juggernaut that is the Chicago White Sox roll back home after a delightful 4-3 road trip, to take on the hated Wahoos. And in the strong-get-stronger category, fleet center fielder and sometimes clubber Adam Engel returns to the lineup for the White Sox.
But first, some news:
- Rick Hahn reiterated today that Eloy Jiménez will make a stop at Triple-A Charlotte before arriving in Chicago. Does he make it to the White Sox by August, roughly paralleling that 60ish-game season the Big Hurt had in 1990? Time will tell.
- Luis Robert will be promoted to High-A Winston-Salem in a week to 10 days.
- Micker Adolfo is about to start throwing again, fueling hopes that he can a) avoid surgery on his elbow altogether and b) play some outfield before the season is over.
- Zack Burdi has been throwing off of a mound and, while the minimum goal is still 100% health for spring training, the reliever may see game action sometime this year, most likely in the Arizona Fall League.
- Avisail García will begin his rehab assignment in Charlotte on Tuesday.
- Yolmer Sánchez is taking outfield reps with White Sox first base coach/former White Sox outfielder Daryl Boston.
- Alec Hansen will make his first start of the season this weekend, with Double-A Birmingham.
- A.J. Puckett threw his first simulated game, on his way back to health.
Today's #WhiteSox starters.— Chicago White Sox (@whitesox) June 11, 2018
⏰: 7:10 PM CT
: https://t.co/55ArzXsN5T pic.twitter.com/eDxztEj1uC
Wait, is that ...?— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) June 11, 2018
Neat little Google Earth glitch on #CookieDay!#RallyTogether pic.twitter.com/1XNHUkjoVu