Hey, South Side Sox, it’s another new podcast debuting, and this one has a fun theme attached. Put the random riffing and garrulous grinding to the side, and step into the sabermetric world with our resident analysts, Trevor Lines and Luke Smailes!
Dugout Metrics will attempt to marry the worlds of playing the game (Luke is a current Coe College left fielder, Trevor recently graduated from middle infielding at Bellarmine University) and advanced stats and help you see the game a little differently.
Granted, it’s the offseason, and the talk is mainly about the Winter Meetings. That said, here are some nuggets from the first episode:
- Have the Tony La Russa and Adam Eaton moves inadvertently telegraphed the real reason Ricky Renteria was fired?
- The disparate immediate White Sox futures of Zack Collins and Andrew Vaughn
- Is there a positive take on the Eaton signing?
- Which White Sox starter should ABSOLUTELY not start the season in the No. 5 slot?
- Who’s gonna tell Mama Abreu her son might not play 162 games, as soon as 2021?
- Does the unusual aggression in “shoring up” right field with Eaton free the team to take a gamble with the roster later this offseason?
If you’d like to view the proceedings and see how chilly it was in Trevor’s North Carolina extended stay room while on work assignment, have a gander below: