In episode four of the Killer B’s podcast, Tommy Barbee and Keelin Billue welcome Lance Lynn, talk Adam Eaton’s return, way overdue recognition for Negro Leagues — and plan a Michael McDonald cover band.
- Lance Lynn: Dane Dunning and Avery Weems will be missed, but we’re pretty damn excited about Lynn as a player and person.
- $7 Million Man (?) Adam Eaton: What are the White Sox doing here? We are not entirely sure, but we play around with some ideas and hope to avoid the drama train.
- Diamond-in-the-Rough Martin Carrasco: The organization picked up pitcher Martin Carrasco in the Rule 5 Draft. Tommy talks crazy Carrasco stats and why we should keep our eyes peeled.
- The Deafening Silence of Free Agency: After the Lynn and Eaton news, what can we expect from free agency? Are there more moves to be expected, and when can we expect the moves? Has the Liam Hendriks window closed?
- Good Luck, James McCann!: McCann is now set for life as the White Sox ship him off to the New York Mets. We are super happy for him and maybe a little sad, too. BUT do not sleep on our guy, Yasmani Grandal.
- Egos: There appear to be a proliferation of egos within and surrounding the White Sox. What sort of threat and benefits does this offer a team?
- Negro Leagues: We are incredibly excited the Negro League are now recognized as major league, with records now added to MLB records — but the cost for the delay is great. We discuss those costs, and how to avoid erasure as we move forward.
- Music: We share favorite artists, songs, and albums of the year. Michael McDonald was not on those lists, but we acknowledge the resurgence of yacht rock. Yes, 2020 is the Year of The Dad.
We shared a few outside references on this episode. Here are the links:
And please share your feedback and comments with us.