The White Sox today confirmed a lot of the stuff we already knew, or figured, announcing their broadcast information for the 2020 season.
- NBC Sports Chicago, as the new regional home of the team, broadcasts 59 of 60 games (not the Field of Dreams on August 13, that’s a Fox game)
- Jason Benetti (television play-by-play), Steve Stone (television analyst), Andy Masur (radio play-by-play), Darrin Jackson (radio analyst) and Héctor Molina (Spanish radio play-by-play) make up the White Sox broadcast roster for the 2020 season.
- Confirmed: Each broadcaster team will do all games from their booths at Sox Park, i.e. no traveling for media.
- Three White Sox exhibition games (July 19 at the Cubs, July 20 vs. the Cubs and July 22 vs. the Brewers) also will air live on NBC Sports Chicago.
- WGN-AM (Masur and Benetti) will do all 60 games this season.
- WRTO-AM (Molina) will broadcast all 30 home games this season.
Requisite sass from the comedy team of Benetti and Stone:
“In what will be the strangest season of my career, I could not be more excited to have the opportunity to call White Sox games during this historic 60-game sprint to the finish line,” Benetti says. “I am happy to report Steve Stone and I will be practicing proper social distancing in our booth. This will be best for our personal health, sanity and strength of our friendship.”
“Even though we will not be traveling to other cities this season, I am thrilled and ready to get back to work alongside Jason Benetti in our TV booth at Guaranteed Rate Field,” Stone says. “I could not think of anything better than being back in Chicago for the summer, calling White Sox games for our great fans, and being at least six feet away from Jason.”