Well, the big news is right here, and it’s not good:
Ricky on Eloy, sort of dropping a bombshell straight off: "They checked him out, he got a bigger image, a mid-foot sprain. He'll be off his feet for a few days, see if they can calm it down. Will try to re-evaluate Monday."— South Side Hit Pen (@southsidehitpen) September 25, 2020
So, OK, news cobbled together from today’s other threads:
- Evan Marshall activated off of the injured list, on exactly the date predicted, almost as if he had no injury at all.
- José Ruiz shuttles back to Schaumburg.
- The Sword of Damocles still hangs over Gio González’s head, although Carlos Rodón might be sitting in the hot seat as well.
- Ian Hamilton has been claimed off of waivers by the Seattle Mariners.
- Apparently there’s talk that Leury García, out of nowhere, may be activated for the postseason?
So, here’s the White Sox lineup for tonight.
Back at home for the @Wintrust Crosstown Series! Tonight's #WhiteSox starters.— Chicago White Sox (@whitesox) September 25, 2020
⏰: 7:10 p.m.
: @NBCSChicago & ESPN2 (out-of-market only)
: MyTeams App https://t.co/V5EGlRn2NU
: @WGNRadio pic.twitter.com/Zh0vzXzVfu
And, for the ivy bumblers, coming off of something like three (OK maybe 12) hits this past series at Pittsburgh, here are their “hitters”:
A big series on the South Side to wrap up the regular season! pic.twitter.com/z9Xxk73XEH— Chicago Cubs (@Cubs) September 25, 2020
Minnesota’s magic number is three, Chicago’s is (perpetually) four, for the division title.